Thursday 7 July 2016

Log Pile

A log pile is good for a whole host of beetles, bugs and other damp loving critters.  Apparently Slow worms can be found under log piles but this is something I've never come across.

You need to find a shady spot in your garden.  For me, this isn't difficult as the garden is North facing and what sun we get doesn't last very long.

Not really much of a shopping list for this project.  Basically you need logs!  I've used the logs and branches from the Buddleia, some of which are fairly large.  It's a good idea to have a collection of various tree species and not just one sort.  I also have a few logs I had left over.



I've used the logs to help create better conditions for some ferns.  Whilst out on country walks with the dog I collected a few fir cones which I think adds a bit more texture.  A lot of shade is provided by a large Hellebore, not sure of the variety but the snails love the flowers but not the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment